Despite the state of health we are in, intrinsically each of us wants to feel and look healthier.
I have spent decades searching for answers to this exact question. Being diagnosed at age 11 with psoriasis and having this illness cover my entire body by the age of 17 was a very challenging time for me. All I wanted was to be healthy but it seemed an impossible task. For many the desire to be healthy may not be tainted by such challenges however attaining optimal health still seems to be difficult.
What do I need to do to be healthy?
Over the last 30 years I discovered these key factors need to be addressed in order for wellness to be experienced:
- Address any health concerns through treatments that rectify the reasons why the disease manifested in the first place as oppose to simply addressing the symptoms that have presented.
- Encourage optimal gut health.
- Feed the body by eating organic/biodynamic foods as often as possible.
- Improve cardio-vascular health and promote circulation by exercising regularly.
- Enjoy spending time with people who are positive and feed your soul.
- Feed your soul by working in a job that fulfils your passion in life.
- Create a positive perception to stress so that you don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Spend time with people who teach you more about yourself in a positive light and avoid negative people as this can stagnate your growth.
- Most importantly live life in the present moment. The pure joy experienced when you are in the present moment is priceless as that exact moment can never be duplicated.
So there we have it, life’s deepest question solved. I hear you say, how do I actually go about attaining all this to be well? That is where the journey lies. For each of us this will take a different path as each of our deficiencies are unique to us. My journey to wellness was tumultuous to say the least but the lessons I have learnt and the people I have met have been essential to get me to the state of health I am at now. The mixed bag of positive and negative experiences adds flavour to life and to expect only positive experiences is missing the point of why life’s lessons occur. Personal growth only happens in the eye of the storm, no one ever learns anything from being happy and joyful.
If you are someone who is looking for guidance to being healthier then first step is to find yourself a heath practitioner that will get you on the road to better heath. From there it is easier to move forward at the pace that suits you best. If you feel mentally stuck, I always encourage people to journal all their thoughts as the process of writing your thoughts down and then reading them back to yourself out loud allows your brain to process them more effectively than having thoughts run through your mind. In addition, I find reading a positive self help book every morning for at least 30 minutes before you start your day is a great way to create an empowered positive mind that encourages problem solving.
Besides all this, the easiest way to wellness is to spend time with people who are well. This is true for anything in life. If you don’t have these people around you, then start with yourself and the laws of attraction will bring these people into your life. Be patient as significant changes in your life don’t happen overnight and try to avoid reverting back to old behaviours.
I would love to hear about your experiences to wellness and where you have found the road blocks seem to occur. Sharing will help others see the commonality in their own life and also help with removing the feeling of isolation that can occur when dealing with a challenging time in one’s life.
If you would like to discuss your health concerns with me my clinic is in Surrey Hills Victoria. For more information log on to www.salubre.com.au. For those unable to attend in person, we offer Skype consultations. For information can be found here http://www.ireneprantalos.com/skype-consultations-with-dr-irene/
- Attaining Optimal Health Is As Easy As 1, 2, 3? - 28 May, 2016
- Psoriasis: Can It Be Managed Or Is It A Life Sentence? - 30 April, 2016
- A Complete Guide To Improving The Health Of Sensitive Skin - 29 March, 2016